Worlds of Carnage
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:52:09pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Re: about suggestion #4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:04:44am 
Implementor
Quote:
Elaborating more on this. Having slash, bludgeon,pierce to determine how hard u hit would be ok cause warriors would depend on str ruling the quality of the skill. Would be same for second attack since trolls got 71 71 so average is still 71. Third is the tricky one cause it also depends on dex and could be a bit more powerful, but since damage is down and a 35% penalty who knows, maybe not such a bit dif. First attack remains same and dual wield also has same deal as third and then could be implemented a penalty if its too good. Since right now dual wield is fine.
For rangers,thiefs would help on second attack since thats the one they use, it would increase a bit and dual would be ok since they use high dex and a good combo of str,con. Maybe would hit a bit harder but dunno how much. Depends on characters i guess and stats. And still the stats that rule the skills would have a deal in qualities so they wouldnt be increased.
What you mean is that slash, bludgeon, and pierce should respectively augment the quality of the given attack being executed. I'm not sure to what degree it is included right now other than to improve hitroll with a particular weapon. One problem is that the first attack can't be entirely dependent on skills since even mages, clerics, etc need a bit of a hit on the first attack without the need to get specific combat skills.

Post subject: hmmm
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:55:35am 
Good point on first attack. But most mages use fists and that is determined by combat no? if they mage/bk they will have slash or bludgeon for second attack. Dunn how much dif is.
As for pure clerics i dont see em hittin stuff hehe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:15:37am 
As one of those who found that 72/72 in dual wield with quality 68 was adequate I have upgraded my max skill to 96 due to the latest changes.
I am now expecting my effective to rise from 72 to it's max level of 96. Now I know dual always was slow to rise and I am not low level however after a lot of fighting where I have successfully landed a blow with the off hand at least 100 times, my effective has not changed and is still 72. Can you check what % chance for increase is and could it be improved as so far my increased max skill has had no effect. Attacking style is aggressive / parry if that makes any difference.