Worlds of Carnage
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:58:28am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 

Post subject: Exercising
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:59:26pm 
I put this as an idea , but i want some feed back. I think that with 74 int, and 60 wis you should be exercising at 5 mana. they average to 67.5 . when at 71 con you can exercise 6 hp. maby i am reading wrong and my numbers are off, but ......i still think 5 should be what you exercise mana at with those stats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:50:47pm 
It's not clear what the current exercise gives a char. Do you get 4?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:00:27pm 
yeh. And i hope i am correct, that i am getting 4 and miscaculating, because i dont want to look like an ideote, < i do that to much.,>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:24:26am 
Implementor
Blah blah blah. Wasn't exercising gains already covered and beaten to death with the final outcome of me not doing anything because I know how everything works and you guys don't :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:30:14am 
Quote:
Submission: 2005-05-27 13:13:08
Darius in room 115612
straight class spell casters should get a small boost in mana because the heve no physicall attacks to fall back on, if they already do then ignore this

Review: 2005-05-28 00:01:20
Blobbie
Straight class spell casters get a mana boost by virtue of their higher intelligence/wisdom stats which are complementary to their discipline (though not required).

Ah ha! I have you . You said that they get a mana boost for being straight class by vitrue of having the primary stats up. Well then if any jo shmo can exercise 4 , how is it a boost to have the primary's maxed? <yes i know because you get slightly more "natural mana gains" but mana is hard to come by.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:18:36pm 
Implementor
Quote:
Ah ha! I have you
You don't have me at all. Read on for some enlightenment.
Quote:
You said that they get a mana boost for being straight class by vitrue of having the primary stats up. Well then if any jo shmo can exercise 4 , how is it a boost to have the primary's maxed? <yes i know because you get slightly more "natural mana gains" but mana is hard to come by.
You are assuming a flat gain to exercise system. Exercise gains are weighted by the relevant stats. A 71 con troll will gain more hps for exercising than a 50 con gnome.

Thanks you, come again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:54:17pm 
Quote:
Exercise gains are weighted by the relevant stats. .
I know , and i have taken that into concideration.
Quote:
...with 74 int, and 60 wis you should be exercising at 5 mana. they average to 67.5 ...
so some where in the stat value at an average of 60 = 4, and 71 = 6
so shouldnt 67.5 =5?

Is my lodgic totally of base , or am i just missing a small detail that is preventing me from seeing the big picture.

Now , on a semi different wavelength. I think that that little 1 more mana could be a great addition for straight classes. Now i know that i have verry little influence in your oppinion blobbie, so please dont think that I am "aggressivley" pusshing the idea, I am just explaining my thought procces, and trying to grasp an understanding on the situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:50:44pm 
Implementor
Quote:
Quote:
Exercise gains are weighted by the relevant stats. .
I know , and i have taken that into concideration.
Not well enough you haven't.
Quote:
Quote:
...with 74 int, and 60 wis you should be exercising at 5 mana. they average to 67.5 ...
so some where in the stat value at an average of 60 = 4, and 71 = 6
so shouldnt 67.5 =5?

Is my lodgic totally of base , or am i just missing a small detail that is preventing me from seeing the big picture.
You are missing a detail that puts you way off base :mrgreen:
Quote:
Now , on a semi different wavelength. I think that that little 1 more mana could be a great addition for straight classes.
You can think all you want, but until you can see the whole picture (and that won't happen since you won't see the code) then you'll never know what I know, nor will you be able to see the logistics upon which I based my choices.
Quote:
Now i know that i have verry little influence in your oppinion blobbie, so please dont think that I am "aggressivley" pusshing the idea, I am just explaining my thought procces, and trying to grasp an understanding on the situation.
Understanding at this level is unnecessary since you are a player and I am the implementor. This isn't meant to be arrogant on my part, but rather reiterate that players do not need to know the specific internal calculations taking place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:00:55pm 
Quote:
You are missing a detail that puts you way off base :mrgreen:
What detail?

And ok, you dont want anyone to know the lagistics of the system.and I know that you have done billions of tests to seek out the fairness of gains, so i will <for the most part> accept and trust your system.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:08:26pm 
4 mana points is 4 mana points dread. I get 4 for exercising mana and u dont see me complaining.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:21:55pm 
Quote:
4 mana points is 4 mana points dread. I get 4 for exercising mana and u dont see me complaining.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!! you are 1). mix class and 2.)your stats are 60,60 ,

yet we are exercising at the exact same. wherein my stats are 74,60 , and i AM pure class.

Now Kayenta, I wasent complaining. I am attempting to understand the system, because it was my origonal understanding that straight classes got better mana gains. And they do , but i also thought they would get better exercising gains. and they dont.

So if you have a straight class with max stats, and then dont complain, then it will make your statment commendable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:23:42pm 
I do have a straight class dread, pure cleric.

Last edited by Kayenta on Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:25:00pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:26:24pm 
Quote:
but i also thought they would get better exercising gains. and they dont.
They don't so whats the point in continuing with this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:26:50pm 
oh and as a side note, my stats arent 60 60. they are 55 60

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:32:50pm 
Implementor
Quote:
Quote:

Exactly!!!!!!!!!! you are 1). mix class and 2.)your stats are 60,60 ,

yet we are exercising at the exact same. wherein my stats are 74,60 , and i AM pure class.
CORRECTION, you exercise at 73 for int and 58 for wisdom-- you might want to read "help practices" and pay special attention to the comments on exercising. Addiitonally you have plenty of mana right now PLUS you have over 100 practices to exercise. Just because you have over 100 practices stored up, does not mean I'm going to change things so you can be the big beneficiary.
Quote:
Now Kayenta, I wasent complaining. I am attempting to understand the system, because it was my origonal understanding that straight classes got better mana gains. And they do , but i also thought they would get better exercising gains. and they dont.
You don't need to understand the system, I've told you already you aren't going to learn the details of the system. Additionally, you are really arguing this point because you are hoping for a change before you spend your 100+ practices.
Quote:
So if you have a straight class with max stats, and then dont complain, then it will make your statment commendable.
Straight (AKA pure) classes have fuckall to do with gains. Your bonus for being a straight class is the bonus quality.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]