Worlds of Carnage
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:39:00am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Abuse of Power
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:59:24am 
Recently when playing Worlds of Carnage, I was angered greatly by Blobbie. Yeah, yeah, immortal, all that crap, I don't really care how immortal he is. That does not excuse him for killing my character and temporarily banning my IP adress. He has abused his powers. I'm not alone in this. My friends have also been innocently playing this game when Blobbie, in particular, has cracked down either too hard or completely irrationally.

He accused me of killing for no reason. I was killing a player, perhaps slightly unrelentlessly, but I beleive I had reason to do just this. The rules of RP killing clearly state that I should kill according to my character. I chose my character to be evil. The description of evil is "kills for the sake of killing," so I did just that. I was RP killing. The rules contradict themselves, they say kill how your character would, but also state that you shouldn't kill for no reason. If your character is evil, then the rules do go against themselves. How can I be sure which to follow?

Not to mention, of course, that he didn't even warn me. It was appoxamately my second time ever playing Worlds of Carnage, and I was doing exactally what I beleived the rules agreed to. I had never had any type of offence before, and I was not a known character. Blobbie had no reason to kill my character, take the corpse, and then block my IP address, as stated above. If the law inforcement in real life were like that of this game, we would need 10,000 more jails, at least. Not to mention more cemetaries.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:06:13am 
This is an argument you'll never win.

Blobbie hosts the game.
Blobbie has spent thousands of hours developing the game.
Blobbie is the decision maker for WoC.
Blobbie is the enforcer for WoC.
Blobbie is not a fan of the roleplay "I kill all" as a valid excuse to kill anyone anytime.
Blobbie is almost impossible to convince that he's wrong (when he is and when he isn't).
Blobbie also has rules posted about respecting IMMs which i'd bet you haven't always followed.
Blobbie does what he feels is best for the game.
Blobbie has two kids of his own and doesn't need to babysit mudders on top of babysitting his own flesh and blood.

Deal with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:15:15pm 
What Grael says is true. It is Blobs game, we are just lucky enough to play it :)

I think maybe Killerman your just confused about the RP rules. You said that being evil basically means you can kill everything.... yea, mobs you can. To kill a player you need to have a disticnt role play, and others need to know what that role play is. Simply attacking a player cause your evil and kill everthing is not a good role play, and as u found out, not something accepted by those who have the power.

As an example I'll tell u my RP, which if u ask everyone else, will tell u that they know about. Generally, even tho I'm evil, I help everyone. Doesnt matter what class, race, alignment, if they killed me 10 min ago cause of their RP whatever. I will always help anyway I can. Thats my RP. People know they can ask me for help and I will give it. Its probably not the worlds best RP, but its something everyone knows.

My advice to you is to make a RP and play it and let everyone know what it is.

Just my thoughts :)

Cheers :twisted:

Post subject: Re: Abuse of Power
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:55:38pm 
Implementor
Quote:
Recently when playing Worlds of Carnage, I was angered greatly by Blobbie. Yeah, yeah, immortal, all that crap, I don't really care how immortal he is.
*Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah* MY NAME'S KILLERMAN AND I'M A BIG BABY. Not only can you not choose a decent name by which to play, but you seem to lack the skill it takes to type "help rules" which would have naturally led
you to "help roleplay". At anyrate, I cast soul strike upon your unworthy soul because I watched as you killed Miq three times in quick succession.

[09-03-2006, 04:07:10pm, Thu] Miq killed by Killerman at Cobblestone Street
[09-03-2006, 04:08:06pm, Thu] Miq killed by Killerman at A fountain on Main Street
[09-03-2006, 04:08:22pm, Thu] Miq killed by Killerman at Rickety staircase
[09-03-2006, 04:09:07pm, Thu] Killerman killed by Blobbie at A fountain on Main Street

Now, when I saw that I looked at everyone, Miq was level 1, you were level 8 or something. Then I looked at your IP addresses, and lo and behold, all from the same domain 4 of you! (Killerman, Miq, Jugman, and Gilied). Then you started calling me names, how mature. So I just purged everyone from your domain. If you can't be civil, then you can just go away. Do I care if you come back? No, I'd rather have an anjoyable game free from assholes.

For the record BTW, ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law, breach of law therefore does not give you a "freebie" just because you're stupid.

Cheers,
Rob.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:30:12pm 
First off, I was level 2. Second off, the reason there were multiple players from the same domain is because I was playing on a school laptop, as were 3 other players. Me and my friend Miq decided that we would attack eachother, and whoever could type "kill ____" fast enough would have the designated kill. I happened to be the fastest typist. Not my problem.

Your complaining about me calling you names, when you turn around and call me immature, a baby, uncivil, unworthy, ignorant, stupid, and let's not forget asshole. You also dissed my increativeity.

Although I respect that this is your game, I do not beleive it appropriate for YOU to kill whenever you feel you are bored. If I can't, then why should you?

Guess what he did now? Now he has stopped every single command. All. I cannot speak, sit, sleep, nothing. Even quit doesn't work. Nor save. Blobbie, I don't care what your role in creating this game was, you've taken it too far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:32:54pm 
Implementor
Quote:
Guess what he did now? Now he has stopped every single command. All. I cannot speak, sit, sleep, nothing. Even quit doesn't work. Nor save. Blobbie, I don't care what your role in creating this game was, you've taken it too far.
:lol: Now I've even gone so far as to lock you out at the firewall. Oh my, someone should slap my wrist :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:11:44pm 
Blobbie, you anger me. It appears as though I always seem to make enemies of the authority figures. Regardless, I do not beleive what you did was justified, nor do I think that you are the good person most believe you to be. I also believe that you have escalated things.

I was doing what I beleived to be correct in terms of YOUR rules. YOU killed me. YOU banned my IP address. I considered this an injustice. I did not give up. YOU got angry. YOU disrespected me. YOU banned MY IP address again. I still consider this an injustice. I will not pursue the matter further, only because the game you created is quite good, exceeding yourself. I would like to be able to continue playing with very little or no bias from either of us. I do not like you, Blobbie. But I will not let that allow me to be any more of a jerk than I already have. I will respect you if you can be more merciful with the noobies to your game. Can we consider this a deal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:10:02am 
Implementor
I didn't get angry, I just didn't waste time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:49:57pm 
You didn't answer my question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:12:36pm 
Quote:
I would like to be able to continue playing with very little or no bias from either of us. I do not like you, Blobbie. But I will not let that allow me to be any more of a jerk than I already have. I will respect you if you can be more merciful with the noobies to your game. Can we consider this a deal?
Which part of "your banned" did you not understand?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:30:46pm 
Implementor
Quote:
You didn't answer my question.
You didn't have one worth answering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:16:37pm 
I don't know if I speak for everyone else, but keep up the good work! This is quite entertaining :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:13:03pm 
It's not meant to be entertaining, although I suspect it must be. Blobbie, I take it that you decline my offer. You make me sad. So be it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:45:06pm 
Implementor
Quote:
It's not meant to be entertaining
I dunno.. I'm finding your complete lack of common sense rather entertaining also.

The thing you seem to have difficulty understanding is that I am the "big cheese" if you will on the MUD, I report to nobody. That means what I say happens. I don't need to make deals with anyone, if you don't like the game don't play, I'm not about to get down on my hands and knees and plead for you to remain, especially when you can't grasp how to play well and are obviously disrespectful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:27:14pm 
Damn I miss alot when I'm gone..... :twisted: