Worlds of Carnage
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:09:23am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:13:19pm 
Since we already have one of the nocturnal races why not a Werewolf bloodline too? Werewolfs are big, strong, agile, got tracking abilities. I know the code sounds like a lot of work but maybe in the years to come we could see this race around, or not as a race on creation but as an infection gotten by a bite of the ancient one.

I think werewolfs got potential and ill try to clarify how i imagined this race:

-We all know they raise at full moon so the werewolf in people infected could appear only once and for 3 mud nights every mud month (30 days a month minus 3 they appear that means each 27 mud days, that means real time once per day more or less).

-Since the apperal of Werewolf will be so low I thought if givin it cool and great bonuses.

-Str , con and dex boost to 80,80 and 70 in those 3 nights. That will affect qualities instead of giving em claws or special damroll,etc that would be good.

-The bite skill with allowss to hurt people and infect them.

-Infravision, sense life

-Also I was thinking that you could raise your height in about 60 beans and weight in 60 stones.

- A skill named clawing that pulverizes people and stuns em without initiating attack.

-Since they are trackers maybe give em hunt to 50% for those 3 mudtime nights.

- Melee resistance raise in 33%

Thats it Ithink I was gonna suggest hp and mov increase by 500 and 200 but hehe i already put too much in it.

I wrote nd gave em a lot cause unlike vampires werewolfs only appear sometimes when moon is on. Vamps got their skills, bonuses each mudnight.

What do you all think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:21:36pm 
Implementor
Yep I've mentioned lycanthropy in the past as a likely addition in the future :) Lycanthropy being the name of the werewolf affliction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:21:58pm 
This is a good idea Armand! I like it.

I'd also suggest some penalties such as decreased CHR, INT, and WIS while in wolf form. And, perhaps, werewolves who are casters get lower spell quality on those nights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:23:34pm 
Quote:
Yep I've mentioned lycanthropy in the past as a likely addition in the future :) Lycanthropy being the name of the werewolf affliction.
I recall the original D&D where there were wearbears, wererats, werecats too. I think that in the original LoR Elrond is mentioned as taking the form of a bear as well ...

Post subject: Yep
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:34:27pm 
Quote:
This is a good idea Armand! I like it.

I'd also suggest some penalties such as decreased CHR, INT, and WIS while in wolf form. And, perhaps, werewolves who are casters get lower spell quality on those nights.
Those penalties sound nice since they get stronger but a bit dumber . Maybe also suspeptibility to fire spells or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:03:42pm 
I really like the idea of that.

Mabey an increase to all spell damage on those 3 nights?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:22:25am 
Quote:
I really like the idea of that.

Mabey an increase to all spell damage on those 3 nights?
Lycanthropy is a disease of the body and mind. While there are physical advantages to taking "were-form" my impression was always that the mental capabilities of a were-thing were lowered. That being said, I don't think they'd get BETTER at casting spells due to the fact this crazy disease is screwing with the afflicteds mind/brain ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:54:03pm 
Implementor
Quote:
Lycanthropy is a disease of the body and mind. While there are physical advantages to taking "were-form" my impression was always that the mental capabilities of a were-thing were lowered. That being said, I don't think they'd get BETTER at casting spells due to the fact this crazy disease is screwing with the afflicteds mind/brain ..
:lol: When I first read Jigogran's response I thought he meant increase the wolf's spell damage too. But re-reading a couple of posts before suggested he meant increasing the damage the wolf takes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:33:44pm 
Quote:
Quote:
:lol: When I first read Jigogran's response I thought he meant increase the wolf's spell damage too. But re-reading a couple of posts before suggested he meant increasing the damage the wolf takes.
Seems you're right. Imagine that!

;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:31:18pm 
Hehehehe, . yeh . sorry i must not have clerified. I meant TAKE more damage to all spell damage, as opposed to just fire.
sorry for the confusion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:43:09am 
when i heard there were vampires i wanted werewolves :P this sounds like a nice idea