Worlds of Carnage
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:53:53am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Vampires
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:35:59pm 
I believe that vampires should have supernatural strength in that they could wield weapons that would not normally be able to be used by the common mortal. The reason for this being that vampires are not quite immortal but are definetly not mortal. I do realize they already gather bonuses that are greater than non-vamps, I would like to see a gain that someone couldn't possess with a few + str items
Just a thought

Post subject: Re: Vampires
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:45:24pm 
Implementor
Quote:
I believe that vampires should have supernatural strength in that they could wield weapons that would not normally be able to be used by the common mortal. The reason for this being that vampires are not quite immortal but are definetly not mortal. I do realize they already gather bonuses that are greater than non-vamps, I would like to see a gain that someone couldn't possess with a few + str items
Just a thought
Strength is not an effect of immortality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:58:09pm 
I'm not saying that Vampires should have immortal strength, just the allowance to wield weapons that are not able to be carried by mere mortals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:10:57am 
Quote:
I'm not saying that Vampires should have immortal strength, just the allowance to wield weapons that are not able to be carried by mere mortals.
I am not sure about different weapons, and are there even any around? Perhaps you are thinking about Herald's maul, but carrying that does not depend on strength..it is coded to be auto droped, and that code (I suspect) has nothing to do with your strength.

I do think it would be cool if vampires had high enuf strength to dual some more powerful weapons, but when vamps first started here (the first couple days) they had a much larger strength bonus (something like +15 or +20...don't remember exactly), but no damage bonus (or at least a pretty small one). Turns out the damage bonus was a heck of a lot better. Also, if you have +20str added at night...that means you will be -20 str during day. Not sure if any vamps want that.
Humm, Luz might like to see a vamp with -20 str during the day..... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:25:26am 
Implementor
Quote:
I know I keep saying a lot of things will come, but they will, and different vampires will have different bonuses. There will be other vampire bloodlines at which time the current one may even get tweaked. At any rate when it happens I will probably give existing vampires a choice of which they want to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:15:52am 
yeah that sounds intresting. Havin myself a vampire i think maybe a slight con increase wouldnt hurt cause the +some here -some there hurts specially warrior types. Maybe just 2 points of con up would be nice, not asking for uber stat.Take 1 of int and dex to balance hehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:54:16am 
Quote:
I do think it would be cool if vampires had high enuf strength to dual some more powerful weapons
Thats really what I was looking for