Worlds of Carnage
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:45:48am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Memorize
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:53:19am 
Skill for spell casters that allows them to memorize a spell or set number of spells (possibly up to 4?) and keep them in the very forefront of his mind, so that when silenced the caster would be able to use these spells a random number of times based on quality, current xp, and/or level( higher level would mean a better possibility and more times to cast before it all this magic wears the mind down.

A spell value could be given to certain spells to create a difficulty in memorizing them, this difficulty could also weigh on the number of slots a caster has open. For example a mage has 4 slots he can use. He memorizes magic missile(1, maybe .5?), soul strike(3), he now has no room/or .5 left to memorize another spell. When the caster is silenced he will be able to cast only soul strike and magic missile for a limited number of times based on a random value (determined by level/xp/quality?) when he memorized the spells. There could also be a limitless number of times that the character could cast these spells, however with each cast and depending on the difficulty of the spell a penalty to int would be made.

A penalty to int should also be made while casters have spells memorized.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:20:48am 
Interesting RP idea.. similar to the non-vocalise and battle magic skills that mages are often able to gain. Not aware of many mobs that use silence on a regular basis however, so assume that its more aimed at PvP? If yes, then this would probably imbalance mages in my opinion in PK, specially when they're stacked behind a couple of rows of charmies and/or anims and especially if you've already been blinded (i.e. insanity and antimagic, versus room affect of silence if you've slipped you're target off the mage). Giving the ability to still use soul strike in your slots means that most chars would still be toast in a PvP against a silenced mage...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:11:04pm 
Quote:
Interesting RP idea.. similar to the non-vocalise and battle magic skills that mages are often able to gain. Not aware of many mobs that use silence on a regular basis however, so assume that its more aimed at PvP? If yes, then this would probably imbalance mages in my opinion in PK, specially when they're stacked behind a couple of rows of charmies and/or anims and especially if you've already been blinded (i.e. insanity and antimagic, versus room affect of silence if you've slipped you're target off the mage). Giving the ability to still use soul strike in your slots means that most chars would still be toast in a PvP against a silenced mage...
I think balance issues could be addressed with the pentalty to stats or overall quality while a spell(s) is memorized. Also if a mage is silenced they will not be able to memorize the spell on the spot and memorization would include repeating the spell outloud over and over, much like a mantra. There wouldn't be an indefinite number of soul strikes the mage could use either. It would be a limited number that is rolled for, or you could just limit it to a definite one cast. By no means am I saying that a spellcaster should be able to use all his spells or just one as normal when silenced. At most it would be a toned down version with penalties which I think would balance it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:06:07pm 
are we on crack? , go memorize at school