Worlds of Carnage
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:34:49am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Black Knights
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:40:48pm 
Any plans to give BKs any new skills in the next 6 months?

(edit: reason I ask is that it seems a BK is just an underskilled Jack of all Trades)
(edit 2: less skills, more quality skills)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:16:10pm 
If things go as planned all classes will be getting new combat/weapon skills. Beyond that, most classes will be changed in the coming months. The ones that are more thoroughly developed - like Clerics and Mages have the lowest priority.
BK's are middle of the pack I believe - will likely follow in development after Paladins. As for a time frame, six months may be a good guesstimate, but depends on how long other things take and how much time we have.

So a simple answer, possibly :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:25:59pm 
Thanks for the response Zamadhi.

So BKs are considered more developed than Paladins? Pally's have all sorts of nifty unique skills :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:03:37pm 
I'm more interested in Paladin's than BK's and once Paladin's have been developed properly, there will be more basis for antithesis - giving BKs the opposite of whats developed for Paladins.

Just because you're playing a BK doesn't make them more or less important in the overall scheme of things.

I also think the BK concept is weak, but thats neither here nor there. Fanatical Death Cultists, daemon worshipper/summoners
Replace animate dead with a conjure demon [from corpse] - maybe Blob will hate that train of thought, who knows :-) But it would be more interesting to me at least.

And be that as it may, BKs are in the middle of planned development. When you try and work on too many things at the same time, nothing gets done but a bunch of unfinished, possibly good ideas.

Anyways blah blah blah blah blah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:06:21pm 
Actually Zam, i'm not looking to improve the BK subclass, more thinking the dedicated BK could use some work. It's not a very attractive option (with Shaman) as a primary class as it doesn't really offer much in terms of uniqueness.

I know you guys have a big workload. And, although it always has, and still does, drive me batty how you make changes and no one has a clue - I do truly appreciate that work is done on the mud that is considered, by at least the "changer" and Blobbie, as positive enhancements to our world (I tried to make some too). You guys have a tough job - and one I didn't want, so I can truly say I understand, and have compassion what Imms put up with for their considerable effort.

Cheers and thanks, regardless of how much I bitch about being annoyed at times :).

GO BK!