Worlds of Carnage
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:03:53am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Pure Class Skills
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:32:16am 
I know this was mentioned in the forums before, but here are some ideas i threw together. Please feel free to comment. I know they now get the 15% quality increase, but that does not usually substitute for having a nice secondary class to back you up.

Here are some ideas:
-cleric: spell affects last twice as long (from negative ones cast on others...aka silence to positive ones cast on self or friends...aka sanctuary), group heal, group sanctuary (mentioned in another post), rebirth does not remove all the previous spells upon the target, postlag on all spell castings, ability to recharge staffs/wands providing you have the spell

-thief: no exp loss on retreat, 2 round backstab, twin stab that actually fires 99% of the time, shide (old cythera skill) where you can perform actions while hidden and not come out of hiding.

-mage: spell affects last twice as long (from negative ones cast on others...aka sleep to positive ones cast on self or friends...aka mana shield and detect invisibility), mass sleep spell that sleeps all targets not in the player's group, chain lightning and meteor shower do not hurt group members, postlag on all spell castings, ability to recharge staffs/wands providing you have the spell

-warrior: no quality decrease on second and third attack. damage bonus (besides 15%quality), 3 round lag on groundsmash, +25% fourth attack

I know not all of these ideas would be acceptable, but it is just a random list. I think making such changes would make more people seriously consider a pure class dedication and reward them well for doing so. Perhaps in an exp-oriented mud some of these ideas may seem overpowered (althought I still don't think they are :roll: ), but for pkill situations it definately helps balance the playing field

What do you guys think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:58:31am 
I don't think thieves can get retreat ...

The way blobbie has configured attacks and damage, a 25% 4th wouldn't do too much dmg. And 5 attacks might be a lot even w/ a low dmg 4th.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:26:56pm 
Well, I guess it would be 5 attacks going of 1 in every 4 rounds...the way the rows system now works warriors have a pretty hard time in pkill. But once again, i realize this is more of an exp/quest/chat mud than a pkill mud so mebbe the 5th attack would be overpowered for exping/questing with friends that have other weapons at their disposal to aid the fights. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:32:37am 
Implementor
PLENTY of players already choose pure class characters... I don't think the above uber incentives are necessary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:59:54am 
Quote:
PLENTY of players already choose pure class characters...
Yeah, but they are all dumb! I mean...seriously...who would make a pure dedicated character without these changes :mrgreen:

In making that list I did not expect everything to be adapted...it was just a list of possible ideas or ways to augment pure classes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:52:01pm 
Implementor
Quote:
In making that list I did not expect everything to be adapted...it was just a list of possible ideas or ways to augment pure classes.
I know, but I felt the need to respond to this particular line which I thought quite untrue (Except the part about rewarding them well :lol:)
Quote:
I think making such changes would make more people seriously consider a pure class dedication and reward them well for doing so