Worlds of Carnage
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:18:25am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Heroes
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:04:27pm 
I wanted to generate a discussion about the possibility of players "heroing". On cythera at max level a player could generate a role play and devote themselves to a deity. They were required to follow that role play or be forsaken by the deity. I think that part of the hero devotion would have to be reevaluated for this mud, but here is what happen once somebody heroed:
-They had access to all skills on the mud
-They had 3 lives that could not be restored. Upon dying three times they were deleted.
-They had another 60 levels - which would not apply on this mud
-They had other bonuses that were discovered through playing

I think that on this mud it could be implemented as having access to all skills and have the 3 deaths penalty apply. Other bonuses that could apply would be an innate saves and damage bonus. Also perhaps be able to achieve a level higher than 75.

I feel that this devotion should only be allowed if you have a minimum of 200 mil exp. That is a lot of investment in a character that will most certainly be permed at some point in time. As far as who should be able to, i am uncertain about this because as Blobbie pointed out we do not have immortals that role play, so devoting to follow one is pointless.

If you feel that having access to all skills in the game is too powerful, Armand suggested being able to choose a certain number of skills to have from the list of allskills, such as picking 5 skills or spells you would like to add to your arsenal. I strongly believe a hero should have access to all skills, but what do you guys think? Also, how do you think heroes should be chosen?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:30:42pm 
I have mixed feelings on this. I enjoyed the hero system on Cythera, however I don't think it's well suited for this type of a setup.

In 3 lives a hero would be deleted on Cythera, but here if someone dies 1 or 2 times what is stopping them from rebirthing then getting skills back and their xp back then heroing again.

Having allskills for hero is something else to think about. On Cythera you had a set number of practices to learn the skills you wanted so you had to give a lot of thought to the rp of your character and the skills you wanted for pk. Here all you would need to do is to xp like mad and after awhile there is no thought as to what skills you may want/need you can honestly get them all. I do think the limited number of skills would make it more interesting.

Another thing about the differences is that heroes had no alignment restrictions on equipment, though I believe they did still have race restrictions. That is already in effect here except for maybe a few pieces of equipment.

If I remember correctly it was very difficult to kill a hero, whether it be the player, extra bonuses, or just the fact that these characters had an extra 60 levels on everyone else. They were always on top. I don't remember anyone ever soloing a hero, though I'm sure it happened. But these characters were able to level past what everyone else could. Here that wouldn't be the case. To me that makes the title of hero a bit meaningless when you have a demi-god or above.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:34:48pm 
Quote:
In 3 lives a hero would be deleted on Cythera, but here if someone dies 1 or 2 times what is stopping them from rebirthing then getting skills back and their xp back then heroing again.
You would definately have to make that character unable to rebirth or that would certainly be the case.
Quote:
Here all you would need to do is to xp like mad and after awhile there is no thought as to what skills you may want/need you can honestly get them all.
good point...perhaps a limited number to choose from would be better.
Quote:
I don't remember anyone ever soloing a hero, though I'm sure it happened.
Hehe, my cythera character paz soloed three different heroes from cythera. They were powerful, but not invincible. :D
Quote:
these characters were able to level past what everyone else could. Here that wouldn't be the case. To me that makes the title of hero a bit meaningless when you have a demi-god or above.
Yeah, valid point but I think that when you add some extra skills to a combo and a saves/damage bonus and levels bonus they would be very powerful...but, just like the heroes of cythera, not invincible :)

Post subject: Heroes?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:02:03pm 
If Luz or I were to become this class . I would change the name to Villians, dont you agree Luzy? you greatest killer you...