Worlds of Carnage
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:11:46am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: ghosts
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:59:41am 
Just a question/idea about ghosts now that they are in.
Noone has asked this or seen this aproach I think or at least not put em into words. And since it doesnt hurt to ask...

If I create a new char now he will start with 10 lives. And the rest of my chars got 3 as it is. I was wondering if the already created chars could get the difference if they got less than 7 total deaths. To clarify this heres my example. Taking under consideration we all were "newbies" once and in theory if ghosts woulda existed since merge happened we all started with 10 lives.

Torak has 9 deaths. Then he wouldnt be affected and remain with 3 lives.

Turok has 6 deaths. He would then have 4 remaining.

Tiruk has 3 deaths. He would get to keep 7 lives.

If i understand correctly both pvp and vs npc count now to total lives count. This measure would give players who are actually good at not dying a small help or fairness since it takes effort not do die and its hard to go create a new char if you already too big and remaining with 3 lives doesnt seem fair if u really put effort to stay alive.

This woudnt benefit my chars, maybe just 1. I got over 7 deaths on most but 1 would get into this. I speak not for me tho but for some players. People that has died more than 7 times would remain unaffected and left with 3 lives. But those few who dont die often can get a couple more lives into their count till they die at 0 and get resurrected and get 3 like the rest of us.

Just an idea, probably wont pass but I had to ask.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:59:49am 
I agree. I don't see why the existing chars are saddled w/ just 3 lives when a new char gets 10. Even moreso, if an existing char has died infrequently (if at all) why they still get the 3 lives.

New chars get all those handy pre assigned skills as it is, lets not punish existing chars for simply existing prior to a long overdue, newly added element to the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:01:35am 
True you get 10 lives at a new char, however this seems to be limited in effect. I recently died in the around lvl 12-14 after restarting out with 10 lives and it didn't drop down to 9 - it reset to 3. Lives seem to be geared to not discouraging brand new newbies who'll typically dies more frequently at early levels as they don't know the game. Wouldn't be nice turning someone into a ghost after just starting out for the first time on the mud...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:21:23am 
Quote:
True you get 10 lives at a new char, however this seems to be limited in effect. I recently died in the around lvl 12-14 after restarting out with 10 lives and it didn't drop down to 9 - it reset to 3. Lives seem to be geared to not discouraging brand new newbies who'll typically dies more frequently at early levels as they don't know the game. Wouldn't be nice turning someone into a ghost after just starting out for the first time on the mud...
oh really? didnt know that.. i thought u got to keep those 10 lives for as long as u survived no matter what level...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:30:55am 
Ah, if the 10 lives disappear after a low lvl, no prob then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:22:51am 
Implementor
I don't know if nayone noticed, but you all finally ended up with 10 lives to begin. Resurrection will only restore 3 at a time, so cherish your starting lives :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:07:38am 
I thought that the intial idea was going to limit communication (like movement/actions) of the ghost to the area/zone? Why was this particular feature of ghost system dropped?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:22:46pm 
Implementor
Quote:
I thought that the intial idea was going to limit communication (like movement/actions) of the ghost to the area/zone? Why was this particular feature of ghost system dropped?
It wasn't dropped unless there's a bug. It should be such that a ghost cannot leave the zone in which it died except via seance spell. Communication is unaffected currently but under consideration.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:19:40pm 
Quote:
Quote:
It wasn't dropped unless there's a bug. It should be such that a ghost cannot leave the zone in which it died except via seance spell. Communication is unaffected currently but under consideration.
Was only referring to communication. I guess that was just a conversation we had about possibilities.