Worlds of Carnage
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:57:24pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Exercise
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:19:28pm 
Both players and mobs have had their HP, MANA and MVS increase a ton since the merge. However, we still spend 2 pracs to exercise and gain the same amount we did when 300-400hp and 500-600 mana were top end.

Any thoughts on boosting the gain for HP, MANA or MVs to reflect the increase in player vitals? 2 pracs is a lot to spend on 5 mana or 5hp in the newer grand scheme of things.

(And someone had to post on this board again in August!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:49:57pm 
AOL: crbielert
Yeah, I've exercised and gained 4 hps per 2 pracs, and it seems kinda low. I gave up on it. I figured I'd be better off with more skills. And yeah, I was wondering when someone was gonna post again. I would've, but I never have much to say. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:13:02pm 
Yep - a low gain for that number of pracs almost makes exercising pointless. It's almost better to sit and wait for more skills for your class.

Just seems there is a bit of game functionality that provides little gain for the cost and hence won't be used much by anyone who sits and thinks about it carefully. Could use some tweaking/balancing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:03:20am 
I think the pause in postings was due to us saying most of the things we wanted too and racking up 500 posts very quickly. As for exercising I would appreciate an increase there too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:03:55am 
Quote:
I think the pause in postings was due to us saying most of the things we wanted too and racking up 500 posts very quickly.

Nah, I got tons more to write, but Pazam seems to be slacking on his prizes of late, and, seems to think I just like to hear myself talk.

Personally, I thought I was discussing some things of interest to a number of people, but hey, it's Pazam! ;)

Post subject: exercise
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:30:46pm 
Exercise is too low. My gnome mage gets 4 mana and has 74 int 60 wis. I dont know on what exercise depends but you would expect it to be at least 6 mana to be fair, I know asking for 8 would be pushing it but 6 sounds doable and not unbalanced. On the hps count 4 or 5 hps on my warriors is low, And specially if you need first to get tons of skills then try to exercise some. At higher exp you get low practs, like in 10 million i got about 12 practs. 10 million exp to get 24 hps doesnt seem right atm. I agree with Grael. And if that ever happens old chars could use equalization hehe , is there a count in mud to tell how many times one exercised? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:16:15pm 
well this is an idea, but would require a lot of work, if it is even able to be done. I was on this one mud where you got extra hp and mana by exircising, (which is what we do) or mana by casting spells, and hp by taking damage. There were even things to protect against abusing the system. Like to preventing someone from just going and getting killed to get a ton of hp, if you died you had to get out of your hole and get a certain amount of xp above what you had before , to be able to gain hp through damage taken again. and with mana you only gained it through offensive spells and, you actually had to be killing things to gain anything. that way people couldnt just cast magic missile on nothing to get mana. and both of these were dependent on stats, class, race, and level . It was an Intresting place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:37:04pm 
Quote:
well this is an idea, but would require a lot of work, if it is even able to be done. I was on this one mud where you got extra hp and mana by exircising, (which is what we do) or mana by casting spells, and hp by taking damage. There were even things to protect against abusing the system. Like to preventing someone from just going and getting killed to get a ton of hp, if you died you had to get out of your hole and get a certain amount of xp above what you had before , to be able to gain hp through damage taken again. and with mana you only gained it through offensive spells and, you actually had to be killing things to gain anything. that way people couldnt just cast magic missile on nothing to get mana. and both of these were dependent on stats, class, race, and level . It was an Intresting place.
No clue what yer babbling about.

Exercise is in the game currently. People use it to get hp, mana and moves (haha - no one gets moves). When it comes down to it, the amount we get from exercising was not increased at all at merge time whereas our total hp and mana were enhanced 3 fold or more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:11:16am 
Not sure total mana has been increased by a factor of 3 - Doesn't seem to have increased much at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:34:33am 
Quote:
Not sure total mana has been increased by a factor of 3 - Doesn't seem to have increased much at all.
Ya, mana hasn't gone up much. Hygrale of old had 215 natural mana at lvl 62 in old WoC, he has between 500 and 600 at lvl 75 - so maybe it doubled.

HP have gone up a ton however. Again, old Hygrale had like 340 hp new version has closer to 2000.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:47:23am 
Quote:
Quote:
Ya, mana hasn't gone up much. Hygrale of old had 215 natural mana at lvl 62 in old WoC, he has between 500 and 600 at lvl 75 - so maybe it doubled.

HP have gone up a ton however. Again, old Hygrale had like 340 hp new version has closer to 2000.

Yeah I agree, maybe doubled. My gnome mage had 550 mana but using equip on old woc. This one has 950 using almost same mana eq. And on old woc I remember I exercised some. Here I havent yet. And hps for gnome less than double but for other races tripled maybe. I had 400hps on old woc now 691. I guess we need to compare to same level to see increase cause levels 75 are a lot bigger than old woc top level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:00:35pm 
I ignore EQ when comparing now vs then. Back then you could almost double yer mana w/ gear on, now you can't. The gear mana/hp stayed the same while we did not so including it in the discussion seems moot to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:27:04pm 
Implementor
Exercise is as I intended. It was modified for merge, but only as I deemed suitable for unlimited advancement. You can absolutely feel free to not waste pracs on exercise... that is a perfectly valid choice. But since it is the only way other than normal gains via exp, it may not be as wasteful as it seems.