Worlds of Carnage
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:06:08am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: mage
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:58:48pm 
sry if this is in the wrong forum (either this or newbie help)
but, is a good robe for a mage/where can i get it/will any1 sell me one?

too much armor, not enough mage eq

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:19:33pm 
hum if your goodly then the green cloak on the novice is nice for a mage.
Otherwise, the mage sash is good. Thats on the bishop of Cimmura.

Can ask some of the higher level players to help ya out getting them.

cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:46:39am 
Which EQ slot you trying to fill?

Around the waist, the sharkskin belt dominates all items for mages as it provides mana regeneration.

As "body armour", if you're goodly, the Spider Silk Vest is a great item. Evils would wear, well, I don't know. Evil mage gear is a bit different.

For 'about the body' (where one would wear a robe), various items exist depending on your alignment. The spider silk wrap gives you some hp, the Vestements of Unholiness mana, the piece of human skin mana and armour, golden robes +int I believe, greenish robes +wis.

If you're willing to spill some specifics about your alignment, and, potentially and subclass you've decided to take on - we can help you more.

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:46:07pm 
You are: Mirsha - a Gnome from Elkin
Title: the Skilled

Str: 38 ( 38 Level: 8 Class: Mage/Warrior
Int: 58 ( 58 AC: 72/10 Rank: Master Dweeb
Wis: 28 ( 28 Wimpy: 5
Dex: 43 ( 43) Align: -30 Age: 17 years
Con: 37 ( 37) Gold: 8346 Height: 111 beans
Chr: 39 ( 39) Bank: 0 Weight: 97 stones

Hits: 80/ 80 Exp. TNL: 35973 Inv. Items: 4
Mana: 95/ 95 Exp. Cur: 84027 Inv. Weight: 8/125 stones
Moves: 114/ 114 Exp. Max: 84027 Time Played: 0 days 1 hours

Your fighting style is Standard
You are speaking Common

copied/pasted my score, i will probably become evil

eq that i want: any eq slot that i can fill: mana regen is probably my priority right now; as well as hp, i will get some rings that will boost my mana from one of my friends who plays

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:11:42pm 
I think people should mudmail this info or talk about this info in game rather on a public forum. It seems like giving away too much game information to describe all items that can be found and their stats. I am all for helping others, but I am not sure a public forum is the best place to list such things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:44:58pm 
Quote:
I think people should mudmail this info or talk about this info in game rather on a public forum. It seems like giving away too much game information to describe all items that can be found and their stats. I am all for helping others, but I am not sure a public forum is the best place to list such things.

why not??
the lack of public information turns away the new people to the mud.
if we have people find everything out by themselves people who are too impatient to do so. And everywhere people say just ask for help, however when we do there is either no responce, or people do not know. than we cannot ooc or commune such inquiry, so what better way? Also this isnt giving any potentially harmful information away, if i were to say my password, MAYBE it would, however, almost noone except people that actually play the game goto the forum, and those who do and ask a question and get an answer like "it would be too much info to help you" will just never return, 3 of my recruited friends have dropped out beacuse they cannot figure out how to play. Also many people cannot use mudmail just from ignorance or just a lack of experience with mudding.

i personally have though about collecting as much info about the mud as possible than compiling it, instead of just commiting it to memory

so i honestly believe that such questions should be asked more frequently

this would help the mud, the staggering lack of information is crippling the mud society. and such mentality, ones such as luz's, will only make it worse.

I implore such questions, i say ask more, knowledge is power,

share the wealth
-yergin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:09:08pm 
Implementor
I'm with Yergin to a large degree. I think full walkthroughs would be a bit too much, but letting people know where to look is fine. Additionally as Yergin says, a lot of information is information passed down the ages from player to player that may not necessarily be well presented in the game itself (someday dreams will touch on every quest in the game) and so having it in an OOC forum where players can read at their own risk of spoil isn't too bad. Lastly if it isn't posted here, there's nothing stopping players from putting it on their own websites, in which case the info is around but players go elsewhere to find it *shrug*.
Quote:
3 of my recruited friends have dropped out beacuse they cannot figure out how to play
That's too bad... what exactly did they have problems with?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:36:22am 
This thread has been somewhat hijacked but I hoped one of the purposes of this forum would be able to give new players some info about areas to go and some of the equ that can be found there and also some idea of how to start a new character.

I believe we have made a start. Yergin, what else extra would you / your friends want to see here?

As for information I can't see any harm for areas/items under lvl 50 as many people are aware of them. However if a 70 has spent hours solving a quest for a top power item then I think it's fair enough that they may choose who they let in on their secrets, but they wouldn't post the info on a public board anyway.

I'm certainly all for questions like this one asking for help with good mage equ though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:46:13pm 
Quote:
Quote:
3 of my recruited friends have dropped out beacuse they cannot figure out how to play
That's too bad... what exactly did they have problems with?

well they couldn't figure out exactly how to use the mud, (i had my brother explain it to me, derigaaz i believe his name was thief/mage from elkin, he hasnt played since the merge and he was lvl 60ish so that helped but even he did not always help me)
i had to explain the lvling system as well as some of the basic commands (including the combat system) 2 of the 3 play d&d, however they could not explore the worlds to their benefit. Most of them got to lvl 10 and decided to stop playing beacuse the exp needed was over 100000, so i would try and help them out, make small maps of like elkin and give them generalalities to help them lvl. i also tried grouping, to explain where i am going and give them some pointers for combant

and sry to mirsha for the "hijacking"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:47:21pm 
heh, thats ok

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:39:03pm 
thx to ragz for some cartalige bracelets, and zerg for a hand necklace