Worlds of Carnage
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:53:10am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Angrorn
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:38:29pm 
I have a suggestion. There is no doubt that Angrorn is a fantastic area that is well built. However, do to recent conversations I've had with Wren, ooc of course, I have come to the conclusion that he is making the area much harder than it already is. I do not know all of the specifics about the area. I have only been there a handful of times. But, I can say that it is already a very hard area, and very time consuming. There have been recent indications that a certain item located there is going to be much harder to get in the future. It is in my opinion that this item was already very hard to get, requiring the services of 4 tanks, 2 healers, and a mage if I recall correctly. I do think that areas need to be challenging to promote fun gameplay, but I also think that areas should encourage exploration as well.

Post subject: Re: Angrorn
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:24:56am 
Implementor
Quote:
I have a suggestion.
I didn't see a suggestion in your post, but I did notice it was in the wrong forum category :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:53:01am 
If you want the area to contain the high powered items that were so easily gotten, to remain as easily gettable as they were obtained, i'll simply NERF the items to make them powered appropriately for the challenge of killing a single mob that is about 100x easier than Balzic but spawns an item that only one Balzic item even comes close to comparing with.

Choices:

1) item stays as is, but area is fixed to make it as difficult to obtain as initially planned

2) area stays as is and the items obtain downsized appropriately

Gimme a break here Juba. The bone shroud is better than Armour of Gods all in all, and took, literally, 80 seconds for a party of 6 to obtain (the fight). There was no fleeing. There was never a time anyone in the room was going to die. Don't gimme this crap about how hard it was to get. Time was consumed getting there, but, the actually threat of any damage or death to any of the players involved was next to none (both in the fight, and, walking around that area w/ 6 lvl 70+ chars) - and I saw the whole f*cking thing go down with my own eyes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:13:31am 
Ya know Jubs, they say that to get the good things in life you have to work for them =) Or something like that.........

*standard "Kay has no clue what she is talking about" disclaimer is applied too this post. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:40:34pm 
I guess i just feel that kick ass items should be very hard to obtain. This specific item is (or at least will be soon) very challenging to obtain. It is the only cloak in the game that is not an imm prize that has an additional damage point. As such, I feel the quest should be a good challenge (which is it).

Ok, so my bitching part of the post is that as players have invested tons of rl time into chars, they have become powerful. There now exist a good number of very powerful characters on the mud. I just get the general feeling that things are made more challenging for those characters to now obtain, due to the fact that they are very powerful. We put the countless hours into the characters so they could complete quests and obtain items they need, but I get the feeling we are being punished for our success. I dunno, mebbe I am just tired and in a bad mood...lol. I will quit my pointless bitching now :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:20:06pm 
Implementor
Quote:
We put the countless hours into the characters so they could complete quests and obtain items they need, but I get the feeling we are being punished for our success.
I agree with what you are saying, but it should be pointed out that Angrorn was the first area created for the super chars of post merge Cythera/WoC and so it was a guesstimate originally as to how difficult it should be. As such it is subject to an evolution to achieve a desired balance of difficulty and reward. Additionally, some other things are being changed across the mud to bring some measure of difficulty/reward balance. This is not to penalize players, but to ensure those who work hard are the ones that get the best prizes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:08:37pm 
I think Blobbie and Luz were getting to the point I was trying to make. I thought the reason why that particular kill was easier was because of the group involved. I'm all for dying to get items, although I don't believe it should be almost a requirement to obtain something. I guess thats why this is more a rant, I just started thinking about having to die if that particular quest was done again and it sorta got me a little grumpy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:07:57am 
There is a big difference between guaranteed death and the threat of potential death. With the introduction of levels past 60, there are so few battles in the mud where a player will even come close to death - at least when players are on the ball - so having two or three places in the game where a smart, and powerful group might lose one member while attaining some nice stuff, is not over the top in my opinion.

Angrorn was designed for players over lvl 65, who are grouping. Unfortunately I overlooked some things with regards to the final attainment of prizes in the area. Because of this, I will change the area to adequately to balance the risk/reward.

I'm a tad less grumpy in the evening than the morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:31:06pm 
yeah Wren is right on xeiteff mob at least. He was too easy to kill. Perhaps becuse it didnt work as it should and not because we were many or he was easy. That mob or actions need to be corrected. But i do think that same group should be able to kill him but instead of 2 mins taking 8 lets say...