Worlds of Carnage
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:18:25am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Keep dying
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:04:22pm 
I died once again. Lost 2,500,000 exp again. Thats like 12.5 million i have lost since point of no return. Thats 80 million for you all who dont know. Get your char killed before 80 so your exp trophy resets. I lost that exp for good and mobs now give me a lot less so its gonna take me 4 times the time it took me when I had 80 mil. One thing that helped was the lag, another that mobs just do spam on headbutt and therefore wimpy or flee didnt work, third is flee aborting all commands (including autostand or stand manually) so u are left on the floor ready to die.

Heres the log of the "fight" . See how even with 1300 hps you cant escape from death with a mob that just leaves no choice.

A Sundhaven guard says to you (in common), 'Hey! That's my buddy!'
You defend yourself as a Sundhaven guard attacks!
A Sundhaven guard annihilates you with his slash.
(Exits:W)
(HP:1323 MV:671 MA:574)> Do you not consider fighting as standing?
(HP:1323 MV:671 MA:574)> Your potent headbutt knocks a gypsy minstrel senseless!
(HP:1323 MV:671 MA:574)>
You pulverize a gypsy minstrel with your slash.
A gypsy minstrel is stunned, but will probably regain consciousness again.
A gypsy minstrel is stunned, but will probably regain consciousness again.
A gypsy minstrel's eyes uncross as she regains her senses.
You pound a gypsy minstrel extremely hard.
A gypsy minstrel is in awful condition.
A gypsy minstrel misses you with her pound.
A gypsy minstrel pounds you extremely hard.
a Sundhaven guard knocks you down.
(HP:1096 MV:671 MA:574)>
Having spent the past hour in your favorite brothel, you feel the need to
relieve yourself. As you pull your organ out, you are nauseated to notice
that it is covered in a slimy and furry yellow-green moss!
(HP:878 MV:671 MA:574)>
A Sundhaven guard pulverizes you with his slash.
(HP:660 MV:671 MA:574)>
You annihilate a gypsy minstrel with your slash.
You massacre a gypsy minstrel with your pound.
(HP:1096 MV:671 MA:574)>
Having spent the past hour in your favorite brothel, you feel the need to
relieve yourself. As you pull your organ out, you are nauseated to notice
that it is covered in a slimy and furry yellow-green moss!
(HP:878 MV:671 MA:574)>
A Sundhaven guard pulverizes you with his slash.
(HP:660 MV:671 MA:574)>
You massacre a gypsy minstrel with your pound.
(HP:561 MV:671 MA:574)>
(Exits:W)flee
(HP:340 MV:671 MA:574)> st
st
(HP:121 MV:671 MA:574)> All you can do right now, is think about the stars!
(HP:121 MV:671 MA:574)> st
All you can do right now, is think about the stars!
(HP:121 MV:671 MA:574)> st
All you can do right now, is think about the stars!
(HP:121 MV:671 MA:574)> All you can do right now, is think about the stars!
(HP:121 MV:671 MA:574)> A gypsy minstrel is in awful condition.
You are dead but your soul remains.
Welcome to the Worlds of Carnage!

[0] Exit from the Worlds.
[1] Go on with the Adventure.
[2] Enter your description.
[3] Read the background story.
[4] Change your password.
[D] Delete your character.

Post subject: Solution atm
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:15:32pm 
The only solution at the moment I can see to get that experience back in some degree is to go full pvp. It really boring killin in areas that now give 20k per mobs that can kick butt. And even in pvp it would take like 100 kills and a lot of angry people and friends to get it back. But the fact I consider it its scarry. I dont think many people would like me to start pkin again. And I dont want to, i was having fun this way, but losing precious rl time to get outta holes is not good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:05:51pm 
That's just great Armand. What else do you expect anyone to say? Please come kill us all?

We all suffer penalties from death from mobs. Personally, I can't kill some mobs, or, the risk is too high. I avoid them when alone. When lag is bad, I avoid these bad-dudes even more. Not sure what got you this time, but that room was loaded w/ mobs when I saw you this evening. Not a room i'd mess with myself, but to each their own.

Post subject: room
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:10:09pm 
Quote:
That's just great Armand. What else do you expect anyone to say? Please come kill us all?

We all suffer penalties from death from mobs. Personally, I can't kill some mobs, or, the risk is too high. I avoid them when alone. When lag is bad, I avoid these bad-dudes even more. Not sure what got you this time, but that room was loaded w/ mobs when I saw you this evening. Not a room i'd mess with myself, but to each their own.
No room wasnt loaded with mobs. I was fighting gypsy when lag started, next thing i see is a sundhaven guard walk in the room when gypsy was stunned, so first thing i do is type stand, he headbutts and my stand command didnt go off till 6 rounds after on mud screen. Im not stupid and know what i can and cant kill around. When u arrived room was loaded with mobs causet they area repoped. So dont talk if u dont know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:11:32pm 
Implementor
FIGHT!!! FIGHT!! *CACKLE*

Post subject: Re: room
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:46:26am 
Quote:
Quote:

No room wasnt loaded with mobs. I was fighting gypsy when lag started, next thing i see is a sundhaven guard walk in the room when gypsy was stunned, so first thing i do is type stand, he headbutts and my stand command didnt go off till 6 rounds after on mud screen. Im not stupid and know what i can and cant kill around. When u arrived room was loaded with mobs causet they area repoped. So dont talk if u dont know.
What I do know is there is no attempted flee until 561-370 hp. That's from your own log. Yes, they HB but yes, you can also make an attempt to flee.

You can also change yer wimpy to max so the second you get hit you try to flee.

If there was a guard in the next room, and if you know what yer doing, then you know the potential exists a) for lag and b) for mobs to move around in SH.

Lastly, go link dead as Blobbie has mentioned in the help on "help link connection".

You take tons of risks Armand (fighting in lag, fighting with monster guards in next room, fighting with a very low wimpy), and it seems you've paid for a few with a 2.5 mil hole. It SUCKS to have happen, but don't go pretending like you do everything in your power to avoid all potential risk/death when you don't.

EDIT: Armand - I understand your frustration man, just trying to say that it can happen to anyone who isn't willing to kill for 1k exp per kill. If I can help ya in SH w/ sancs and such to get yer exp back, i'll be happy to sit afkish and give ya the spells when ya need em. I'll also group w/ ya so we can kill the biggest exp mobs, but i'll wait until Blobbies current ISP settles down (and with it, the lag settles down).

Last edited by Grael on Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:39:32am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:54:34am 
Quote:
This is an OOC forum so whatever we disagree on here isn't part of the in game play as far as i'm concerned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:07:17am 
I can do the afk thing too armand, like we have done in the past. If it would help any

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:15:00am 
Implementor
Quote:
Quote:
This is an OOC forum so whatever we disagree on here isn't part of the in game play as far as i'm concerned.
Who's talking about an OOC scrap? *muhawhawhaw*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:33:46am 
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Who's talking about an OOC scrap? *muhawhawhaw*
Huh? If you're implying that a disagreement on a mud forum should lead to in game fighting, well, it may be best to ignore this board entirely and just use the boards in the towns across the mud. My comments are OOC and based on Armand's OOC comments about exp loss, not an in-game-char to in-game-char dispute. As far as I can tell, Armand hasn't been commenting in charactor either.

An actual in-game confrontation stemming from OOC convos outside of the game would pretty much demolish the rules set in 'help role play' would it not?

I'm prolly off on my interpretation of most everything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:29:15pm 
Implementor
Quote:
An actual in-game confrontation stemming from OOC convos outside of the game would pretty much demolish the rules set in 'help role play' would it not?
Lighten up there... I'm just being funny. GEEEEEEEEEEEZ! :/

Post subject: Grael's comments on taking chances
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:24:43pm 
Sometimes I just can't believe what comes out of your mouth Grael. Since this has started I believe xp losses have gone down, I could be wrong as I don't play as much anymore.

Here's the thing, some people take more chances than other's when playing. Grael you've never been good at taking chances and putting someone down because they do is the most ridiculous and ludicrous thing I've ever seen. You've always been one of the most safest players and the first to bitch and whine when something doesn't go as planned.

Get some balls and take some chances, you might even enjoy it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:41:46pm 
Burn!

Post subject: Re: Grael's comments on taking chances
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:06:55pm 
Quote:
Sometimes I just can't believe what comes out of your mouth Grael. Since this has started I believe xp losses have gone down, I could be wrong as I don't play as much anymore.

Here's the thing, some people take more chances than other's when playing. Grael you've never been good at taking chances and putting someone down because they do is the most ridiculous and ludicrous thing I've ever seen. You've always been one of the most safest players and the first to bitch and whine when something doesn't go as planned.

Get some balls and take some chances, you might even enjoy it :)
Whatever Ezzence - you're right, you don't play much. I don't like 2.4 mil holes cuz when yer a living legend its VERY hard to get that exp back - it takes time and effort. If you think 2.4mil is small or has "gone down" i'd like to see your reference point.

But, as someone who sits at row 2 100% of the time, i'll take yer opinion with a grain of salt as the people taking the damage for you die much more than yourself and hence need to put in time/effort to get all that exp back.

Post subject: Re: Grael's comments on taking chances
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:09:26pm 
Implementor
Quote:
when yer a living legend its VERY hard to get that exp back - it takes time and effort.
You might wanna go see Balzic... I hear he has something that can help :B