Worlds of Carnage
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50:56am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Recommendation
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:25:54pm 
Experienced players out there share with newbies what class or combination of classes you think its best to start on this world. To give them some idea what to try first since we all walked down that road already.

I recommend pure warrior Troll , its easy, its strong. Get con and str high enough to start.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:57:42am 
I dissagree. I think a reptile warrior would be eaisest. They are in most aspects as good as trolls, but are as good with less hp because of thier gread ac , . which means less regening, less frustration, and more ACTION.

p.S. SORRY IF THEIR ARE SPELLING ERRORS, i am righting this at 6 am, and i havent slept, ......................... hey, the sun is starting to come up. :shock:

Post subject: Re: Recommendation
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:39:42am 
Quote:
I recommend pure warrior Troll , its easy, its strong. Get con and str high enough to start.
I agree w/ Torak here. Trolls get such greater HP gains than reptiles, a brand new player gets more of a damage taken buffer to make mistakes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:24:22am 
Thats only a choice Jig, other players might feel other classes are better. Dont need to agree or disagree just tell newbies what class you like more to start and why. More choices enrich playing.

I also think that a human jack of all trades could be good but i havent tried it cause it takes planning either to get wis based or int based spells plus attacks. But it might be fine choice.

Or something combined with black knight as minor to get attacks and some other cool spells to help you level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:39:24pm 
Yeah, pretty much anything with BK as a minor dedication can work well.

I would also reccomend Dwarf/Orc/Reptilian Pure warriors for people who are frustrated by learning skills so slowly, but I especially reccomend dwarf, cause though they have less strength, they get very good Constitiution, so they last a little longer in combat.

Reptilians that start in elkin can find a little bonus to make things easier if they search around close to the castle, as well. :wink:

Post subject: Re: Recommendation
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:00:14pm 
I suggest a war/war, bk/bk, or paladin/paladin at first. You can rebrith at level 50+ if you decide you want to pick up some spells like recall/summon/gate - handy spells for newbies.

Why go pure (same class for primary/secondary) vs 2 different classes?
It's most efficient to max skills/spells when their respective stat is maxed.. so a war/mage for example should avoid learning mage spells when int is low, or melee skills when strength is low. Ideally you want to wait to max these stats before starting on those skills/spells. Hence, I always go for melee damage and hb first - for the sake of leveling. If my stat for my minor class is too low... i might go for hps and train my minor stuff later when that stat is higher. Training up melee attacks alone takes many levels. So, I go pure and get the extra melee damage and longer hbs for exp'ng. I dont generally start practicing up much of my minor class 'till around level 50 anyways and the lost xp from rebirth isn't much early on. Now, if you know for sure you're going to rebirth, efficiency isn't very important. But, you never know if you're going to rebirth until you rebirth.

Now races,
1 trolls are the best warriors, but they take a long time to learn all their skills and many towns/mobs are aggro - not always best choice for newbies.

2. Orcs are close to trolls in warriors, but with a lot less of the aggro'ness - more newbie friendly imo

3. I like dwarves the most, unless you want to use a dex or int based class.

4. I havent been able to get into reptiles much, I dont find the xtra ac to justify the lower con, despite having many reptiles... one 400 years old with
around -200ac. But, I think if you wanted ranger or thief class, they might be a worthy race for the sake of quality on skills. (also ac doesnt help against spells - pure hp does)

5. Centaurs have some decent stats, but no legwear or footwear which i find to be too big of a kick in the nuts. Nor do I find the xtra damage on kick to be useful after learning hb - since you primarily want to be hb'ng and not sitting in 4 rounds of kick lag.

6. the other races have too low con or str for me to consider them for a primary melee build in early levels (however, they can be good for other builds - every race has its own pros/cons that make builds that much more unique)